Monday 25 September 2023

Antitheses





















Fear of darkness,
fear of light,
each blinds us
and whoever is blinded
fails to see and stumbles,
terrified by opposites,
confounded in their absence.

Without love
the loveless heart
withers to a hollowness
where emptiness can wait
like a hunger to be filled.

Fear is not
the opposite of love;
it is emptiness
denying its existence,
an open wound bled dry,
a chasm through which
the soul once fled.
© BH, 2023

Another response to post on Facebook. This time someone posted a meme where light and darkness were equated to love and fear. I didn’t buy that so I composed a riposte.

I did this in preference to shooting someone down with the typical FB ‘wrong!’ ‘how dare you’ etc…

I guess it worked - the poster liked it.

Pays to be nice(ish)…

So I reposted on Insta… as you do…

No comments: