Thursday 5 May 2022

Second Decade






















In my second decade,
in its unwinding,
my quiet music,
whose chords still played,
hung invented songs
on the words I uttered
as if I had voiced them
myself.
© BH, 2022

I was considering a poetic exploration of the past remembered. It seemed like a possible project. Among other things, this emerged.

The transition from childhood to young adulthood was the time I began to realise something that had lain hidden behind a narrow interpretation of science and destiny. This is what I'd been led to believe - that scholarly endeavour was the way to reward and fulfilment. It was only later, as I wrote and drew and heard the music of the day, that I understood a little more about art and science.

Two sides of a coin forever spinning. Dazzling in the way we watch it falling and think our destiny is encoded in it.

The image, by the way is from that very decade as it unwound. I am the creature behind the camera. I could name the others but, suffice it to say, we all went into the world and prospered. In our different ways, of course!
 

No comments: